|Dean of the U.S. House|
John Conyers, Jr.
Washington, D.C. – On , Members of the U.S. House of Representatives will hold a forum entitled, “Ali v. Trump: The Fight for American Values” to examine the critical consequences of President Donald Trump’s misguided immigration policies.
During the past six weeks, President Trump has begun implementing immigration policies that assume all immigrants, and even some citizens, are entering the United States to commit fraud, terrorism, and/or criminal activity. This has led to absurd consequences, including the hours long questioning of a U.S. Citizen, Muhammad Ali, Jr., the interrogation of a 70 year old Australian children’s book author, the 10 hour detention of a French historian, and the absurd test administered to a Nigerian software engineer.
WHO: Members of Congress
· House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) and Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security Ranking Member Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
· House Appropriations Committee Ranking Member Nita Lowey (D-NY) and House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security Ranking Member Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA)
· House Homeland Security Committee Ranking Member Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS)
· House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Ranking Member Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
· Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham, Chair, Congressional Hispanic Caucus
· Rep. Judy Chu, Chair, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
· Additional Members of Congress
· Muhammad Ali, Jr., son of boxing legend, Muhammad Ali
· Khalilah Camacho-Ali, former wife of boxing legend, Muhammad Ali
· David Leopold, immigration lawyer
· Hugh Handeyside, Staff Attorney, ACLU National Security Project
· Bo Cooper, Partner, Fragomen, Del Ray, Bernsen & Lowey (invited)
· Kal Penn, Actor (invited)
WHERE: House Visitors Center Room 215 (HVC 215)
RSVP: Media interested in attending should RSVP to Shadawn.reddick-smith@mail.
Voting is beautiful, be beautiful ~ vote.©